Saturday, April 25, 2009

Living For You

Here is an update from the rest of my week. On Tuesday April 21 the ministry staff of NRN celebrated Professional Administrators Day. It was great to have lunch together with Becky Joslin and Sharron Hudgens. Pastor Brittany, Pastor Ryan Walker and I gave them a nice gift and free lunch. It was also fun to hold my grand daughter Alyse!


Stephanie and Alyse arrived just in time for the free lunch and then stayed to celebrate Sharron's Birthday. On Wednesday I "kidnapped" Sharron for a 2 day get away to a friends house in Southport, NC. We spent a day at the beach. It was great to have Stephanie and Alyse with us and enjoyed watching Alyse play in the sand.


Stephanie has already blogged about this. You can see her account and pictures - simply click HERE



On Thursday evening I took Sharron out for a seafood meal at a great restaurant in Calabash, NC.


We returned to Raleigh on Friday and enjoyed an evening meal with Phil and Joanie Richards. Alyse loved to smell the flowers in their front yard. She even stopped to let Papa take a picture.


We were enjoying a time of conversation with suddenly there was noise outside. We went to the front door to see a group of students of Element Student Ministries FORKING the front lawn:


This week I sent a letter to a number of our regular attenders at NRN to bring them up to date on the financial status of the church. As we began a new fiscal year on April 1st and realize that many of our monthly responsibilities must be paid in the first half of the month it became imperative that I send a letter to our church about our current needs. This has been heavy on my heart all week. I never wish to alienate anyone from the church but accept my responsibility to make the church aware of situations when needed. I am trusting God for breakthrough tomorrow and next Sunday as we see God working through His people to accomplish His mission!

Here is a song that God has placed upon my heart and on my lips this evening as I prepare for another great day of worship and praise at NRN.






I hope you have these as trustworhty statements....

No comments: