Sunday, June 9, 2013

Celebrating 35 years together!

Today, Sharron and I celebrate 35 years of marriage.  On this date in 1978 we stood before family and friends to vow our love for one another. Through out the years, our marriage has been through the fire; celebrated mountain top experiences; and our love has grown deeper and deeper. 

Sharron is my best friend, my partner in life, my love, my compass, my wife.  I love her deeply and cannot imagine life without her.  Today we celebrate by being in service to the Lord and others on this Lord's Day.  This afternoon and this evening we plan to cherish some time together.

Here is a short pictorial directory of the day we were married... enjoy

 

 
 
Sharron and I were married in an evening ceremony at St. Paul Wesleyan Church in Charlotte NC.
 
The day following our wedding we traveled with Sharron's family to Canada for a big family reception.  Below is Sharron's picture used in the paper in Canada to announce our marriage.
Also is a picture taken of me the day after our wedding as I prepared to meet Sharron's extended family.

 
 
 
Sharron and I are very happy and truly blessed today!
 
This picture was taken in 2010 in the backyard of Sharron's childhood home in Canada.
 
 

This picture was taken today - June 9, 2013 - after a delicious meal at Bonefish Grill.
 
 

 

No comments: