Wednesday, October 17, 2007

HOMELESS

It's true - Sharron and I are now truly homeless! It was about 2:30pm on Monday October 15th when we received a phone call from our realtor in Topeka,KS to report that the closing was complete and that we are no longer home owners in Topeka. Then came the best words about our house: "The money is in the bank!" We have never been so excited about being homeless.


Though sometimes I do feel like Mr. Farlow - Right now - all seems well!


On Tuesday we met with our realtor in Raleigh and conducted our walk through of our new home. Wednesday was the day to purchase blinds and needed "stuff" for the move in day. I spoke to our driver (Bill) this afternoon who reported that he was in Missouri with all our personal belongings. This afternoon we secured our cashiers check for the scheduled closing of our new home.


The closing takes place in the morning at 8:30am. This means this is our last night to be homeless. Our moving van is scheduled to arrive at our new home on Friday at 8:30am

We once again wish to express our thanks and deep appreciation to Phil and Joanie Richards for their hospitality. The guest room in their home has been my home away from home for several months now. I cannot imagine my ministry in Raleigh without their support. The sweet tea with "splenda" and the chocolate ice cream has been more that I could have ever hoped for. My wife Sharron is convinced that truly you have "spoiled me" - THANKS.

I also want to thank the family of NRN for thier patience and support during this extended time of transition. The prayer support and the words of encouragement have meant sooooo much!


THANKS Josh and Steph - Thanks for opening your home to use for such an extended time. We love you, Alyse and Danielle so much!

I look forward to my next posting to give you an update on our new home. We have felt God's presence through this time of transition.

God is good all the time - All the time God is Good!

This my friend is a trustworthy statement . Thanks for stopping by. PR


3 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Hooray for progress.

Jacqueline Kelker said...

Pastor Rick,
I'm so glad the Lord worked out your situation so beautifully! We will miss you in Kansas, but I know you will be a blessing wherever you go! Please say hello to Sharron for me. Jacqueline.

Anonymous said...

Welcome HOME! I remember the day you left North Carolina for Northern Virginia - I cried many tears that day, but our friendship - the Hudgens and the Fords/Hubers has grown in spite of distance and I am thrilled to be welcoming you back HOME! Yes, God is GOOD - all the time! Amen! Joyce