Monday, November 5, 2007

The Birthday Celebration!

Since my last posting my life has been filled with many blessings. I really enjoyed a special "Daddy - Daughter" date with Danielle as we attended Late Night Catechism in Charlotte. This play has been presented over the last 7 years and is GREAT! I really enjoyed the comments from Danielle about the set design - great pictures were drawn by my daughter! I hope they bring the Christmas Catechism to Charlotte in the near future.

The rest of the weekend was having time with Danielle preparing for the birthday celebration planned on November 1.

Sharron and I spent Thursday Nov. 1 celebrating the 27th birthday of Danielle and Stephanie. I am glad that they let me take their picture. We enjoyed a great meal at the Cheesecake Factory and then opened presents. Sharron and I are blessed to have Danielle and Stephanie in our lives. They have grown into beautiful women who love the Lord. We love them so much! Truly, we are blessed to be their parents.

Sharron and I rushed home in preparation for a big weekend at the church. Sunday Nov. 4th was CHURCH UNDER THE BIG TOP at North Raleigh Church of the Nazarene. The day was a great success as we greeted over 50 new guest to the church! Many people made life changing decisions.


I appreciate the group of guy who worked throughout the night before to prepare the 4 pigs for the annual North Carolina style "pig pickin" Wow - the barbecue was EXCELLENT!


I also appreciate Tom Alsbury, the worship team, the sound and video guys for all their hard work in set up and leading us in worship. This ministry unto the Lord brought glory to God! THANKS... A special note to the pastoral staff at North Raleigh: WOW - you really made it happen! The pastoral staff deserves full credit for a great day of celebration. To see an attendance near 400 and sense the wonderful spirit at the service and meal that followed was a fantastic! People are already anticipating this event for next year.

Today was a new day in establishing my regular schedule in the office. I look forward to establishing a balanced schedule for pastoral ministry. A surprise came this afternoon after I left the office when Dave Joslin called and asked if I would like to join him at a Hurricanes game.

The answer came quickly - YES! The Carolina Hurricanes are the 2005-2006 Stanley Cup Champions! Tonight they beat the Washington Capitals by a score of 5 -0. Wow! Great game. I really enjoyed my first professional hockey game and the friendship of Dave. Thanks -
On Sunday I delivered an evangelistic message - as promised.
I simply explained the concept of salvation described in Romans 10:13 - "Everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
This my friend is truly a trustworthy statement worthy of our consideration.
If you stop by- please post a comment so I know you checked this out!

3 comments:

Christopher said...

I'm still here, Pastor Rick. What kind of barbecue do they have there? The kind where the sauce is vinegar-based, not tomato-based? I don't know how somebody could have lived near KC and then think that's great barbecue!

Anonymous said...

Those are mine and Stephen's seats if you ever want to use them for anything - you're welcome to them if you just give us enough notice and they're not in use. Glad your first game was a good one!

D&K said...

I just connected with your blog-site, Pastor Rick. Glad to read that all is well in North Carolina! Katy and I will always treasure the special times we had with you and Sharon.

P.S. - I was adjusting and revising my resume and I'd be honored to use you as a reference...is that alright with you? You can respond at my e-mail address: davidkinnan@yahoo.com