Saturday, March 13, 2010

Before you go to bed tonight


How do you plan to spend time on Sunday morning? I know people who love to sleep in. I know people who try to catch up on the "to do list" as a home owner. I know people who attend sporting events.

Then I know people who commit themselves to be with God's people in God's house (known as the church.) Each week the members of the worship team work hard to prepare for the Sunday morning worship experience at church. As a pastor - I begin days in advance of not only working on the message to be presented each Sunday - but praying - seeking - pleading with God about what I am to preach each Sunday.

As you think about "saving time" I think of the scripture in our study from last week which tells us What will you gain, if you own the whole world but destroy yourself or waste your life? (Luke 9:25) When you are not at church - you are missed - and you miss out. How important is the habit of going to church? It makes all the difference in your spiritual walk. I encourage you to seek intimacy with God - and begin by being consistent in your time with believers at church.

I am looking forward to church tomorrow! How about you?

No comments: