Friday, June 4, 2010

National Doughnut day


Today is National Doughnut Day! This is to celebrate National Doughnuts Day which was established by the Salvation Army in 1938 to honor women who served doughnuts to soldiers

I have a vivid memory today about when I was a child that my dad would take me to the local Krispy Kreme that had just opened on Independence Blvd. in Charlotte, NC.
I have always liked my childhood favorite doughnut. Now as an overweight man in my 50's I seldom enjoy the taste of a hot, fresh doughnut.
I recently read that Krispy Kreme and Dunkin Donuts are giving away free doughnuts today. There is a limit of one per customer and no purchase is necessary at Krispy Kreme locations. Dunkin Donuts requires a drink purchase for the free doughnut.


So, today I plan to make an exception and enjoy a doughnut on National Doughnut Day.
I also remember that as a child, my family never went to church. I have a slight memory of going to a VBS at a local church but my parents never took me and my two brothers to church. I did not attend church on a regular basis until I was in high school. I was invited by my best friend and his family would come by my house each Sunday and provide a ride to church.

Now, I see many people who have the opportunity to go to church but do not place it as something important in their life. Is it difficult to invite people to church?

Here is a simple clip to consider:




Organized Church from Grace and Peace Magazine on Vimeo.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

No comments: