Friday, September 10, 2010

Encourage Yourself in the Lord

Over the past few weeks the stress of ministry as the pastor of a church has been upon me. This morning, I felt the stress beginning to melt away. God has been speaking to me.

My time alone with God this morning was incredible. Later in the day, I received a note from a friend thanking me for the influence of my life upon them. This week Sharron and I received a simply thank you note in the mail from a church member. Sharron and I have reflected today about the past two Wednesday evenings at the time of corporate prayer at NRN. It was been amazing as people placed their hands upon our shoulders and prayed for us. Last Wednesday tears flowed as several people prayed for some of our personal needs. As I left the building on Wednesday evening a person stopped me and asked how the prayer time went. I told them it was awesome. They commented that they could see a something different about me. Then they said "Could this be the beginning of a movement of God?" I replied "YES!"

Soon after posting an article on my blog entitled "Congregations Gone Wild"
I received an email that brought encouragement to my soul. This video was prepared by the General Superintendents of the Church of the Nazarene and addressed to pastors of local congregations.

If you wish to view it simply click HERE

Tomorrow morning, Sharron and I will finishing packing the car and depart for a week of family vacation. As we ran several errands on Friday in preparation for the time away I began to sing the songs of worship for this coming Sunday at NRN. I think it will be an awesome worship experience. I hope many people will be there to experience it!


I know there and many pastors who like to check my blog. Pastor - be encouraged today. God is at work. Keep your mind on Him that He may give you the desires of your heart. Remember the words of First Samuel 30:6 (KJV)

And David was greatly distressed; for the people spoke of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, that was extremely valuable and interesting...I will be back again to read more on this topic.