Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Life comes at you fast

A "buzz" around the media today is the commercials from last Sunday evening during the Super Bowl game.

I love the "Life Comes At You Fast" and "Wanna Get Away" commercials. They are so funny, yet so true. We laugh at the calamities of the unsuspecting victims along with the screw-ups of the not-so-bright.

But life does come at you fast and sometimes you do want to get away, but not always because you messed something up or stuck your foot in your mouth.

James 4:14 reminds us that this life is just a "mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes." So what will we do with that 'little while' that we do have here.

I don't know about you, but I want to get away, not to a better life, but to a life that finishes well, this 'little while' that I am here on earth. Recently in a time alone with God I made a decision that it was time to purge my life of all the unneeded items that clutter my inward self.

As I have been typing this out, I have been listening to Francesca Battistelli's song, Beautiful, Beautiful. Our dear friend Melissa sang this song at church and I went out to purchase the CD to hear it over and over.

The lyrics speak so deeply to my heart, that God would take me and make me something more than I could ever be on my own. I want my life to be something beautiful for His Glory.

Don’t know how it is You looked at me
And saw the person that I could be
Awakening my heart
Breaking through the dark
Suddenly Your grace
Like sunlight burning at midnight
Making my life something so
Beautiful, beautiful
Mercy reaching to save me
All that I need
You are so
Beautiful, beautiful
I have come undone
But I have just begun
Changing by Your grace



I want Him to continue to change me by His grace, purging all the impurities and unnecessary junk out of my life.

Because 'life does come at us fast' and we should 'wanna get away' from whatever is holding us back from serving Him with this 'little while' that we are here.

No comments: