Saturday, July 2, 2011

How we spend our day

My wife, Sharron, departed for her trip to Canada on Thursday June 18th. She is taking care of her dad following his surgery. I am so glad to hear the good reports that he is doing so well. Sharron returns to Raleigh on Sunday afternoon, July 3rd.

Today is the last Saturday before her return - so I have a long "honey-do" list toaccomplish.

This Sunday I will continue in the teaching series on the Amazing Grace of God.

Here is a quote I recently read that spoke to me about how I spend my time each day.

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives. What we do with this hour, and that one is what we are doing. A schedule defends us from chaos and whim. It is a net for catching days. It is a scaffolding on which a worker can stand and labor with both hands, a section at a time." -- Annie Dillard

No comments: