Saturday, September 10, 2011

The 2011 Hudgens' Family vacation is underway!



The 2011 Hudgens' Family Vacation is now underway. We received a last minute phone call from the owner of Dolphin View to let us know the beach house would be available to us earlier than expected. This was a great way to escape and arrive at Topsail Island a day early!


It is so hard to believe that this is our 5th year of family vacations along the North Carolina Coast. The beach house we rent really feels like home. I am always amazed by the beautiful view of the ocean and the calming effect it has.


Tomorrow morning I plan to visit an area church and experience being a first time guest. There are several things on my mind about tomorrow. First is the tenth anniversary of 9/11. On the morning September 11, 2001 Sharron, Danielle and I arrived in Topeka, Ks to begin our time of service as District Superintendent of the Kansas District of the Wesleyan Church. This was a major move for our family. Tomorrow at NRN will be a time of remembrance of the impact of that historical day.

Rev. John Kelley will be preaching at North Raleigh Church of the Nazarene in the morning. I am so fortunate to have such a competent man of God to preach when I am away. John and I have a great bond of ministry. He and his wife Mary began attending our church about one year ago. John served as District Superintendent of the Pennsylvania Conference of the Free Methodist Church before relocating to NC.

Also tomorrow I plan to be in front of the TV to hopefully see the first regular season game of the Washington Redskins. My loyalty as a Redskins fan has been strong for many years.

No comments: