Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Our P.R.A.Y.E.R. T.E.A.M. 2015


Is praying over 5,000 hours in 1 year possible for NRN?

Yes!  If you pray ten minutes in the morning and ten minutes in the evening for ten specific things listed below, six days a week, here’s what happens…

·       6 days of prayers = 2 hours of prayer per week

·       2 hours of prayer per week = 96 hours of prayer in one year.

·       50 people X 96 hours = 4,800 hours in one year!  We will pray over 200 hours in a year during our worship together on Sunday mornings. This totals over 5,000 hours of prayer in one year.

Join NRN's P.R.A.Y.E.R. T.E.A.M. by praying the ten items listed below.

1. Praise - How can I praise God my Father? 

Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.     Psalm 100:4              

2. Repent - Is the Spirit convicting me of sin? 

For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me. Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight…             Psalm 51:3-4

 3. Ask - What “Big Thing” am I asking for? 

 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.                                    Matt. 7:7-8

 4. Yield - Am I regularly obeying the Spirit?  John 14:15                

      “If you love me, keep my commands.”

 5. Example – Father, make me an example others can follow.               

 “Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.”   I Cor. 11:1

 6. Relationships - My marriage, children, grandchildren, friends, work, neighbors, etc.       

 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35

 7. Three - Who are three people the Spirit is asking me to pray for and invite to NRN? 

1)   ____________________________

2)   ____________________________

3)   ____________________________

”Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity.”                  Col. 4:5

8. Eyes and Ears - I’ll pray each has a soft heart so their eyes and ears are open to the gospel. 

 “‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving. For this people’s heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes.”                              Matt. 13:14-15

9. Attitude - How does my attitude need to change to be more like Jesus’ attitude?”    “…   have the same attitude as Christ Jesus”                  Phil. 2:5

10. Mission - How is God asking me to move our mission forward in helping people Discover, Trust and Love Jesus Christ?     

“…   I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.”                   Matt. 16:18

If you are on the NRN prayer chain email list for special prayer requests, keep doing that.
 
This is a vital part of our discipleship process for our church this year.  Ready to grow in your relationship with the Lord?  Join us as we call people to a whole hearted relationship with Jesus Christ!

No comments: