Thursday, August 5, 2021

To live like a champion ... to play on a team full of champions...




"Individual preference (and the pursuit of) personal glory must be shoved aside. Urgency, direction, mutual accountability, and hard work (must) blend as everyone on the team determines to seek the highest performance possible."                    ~ Eric Capaci. 



As I read those words this morning, this verse came to my mind. Ecclesiastes 4:12 says, "Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." 


There is a saturated sense of encouragement and team work at Champion Christian College.  Praise God!  I spoke of this atmosphere just a few days ago in chapel. 


I said, "I want to make sure that I do nothing to take away from what God is doing, but instead, do everything that I can to fan into flame where God is obviously at work ~ AND HE IS AT WORK!" 


Today, let us all catch someone doing something right and let them know that we appreciate their efforts ... that we can see God at work in their lives and ministry.

 

 



Source:

-      Don Schultheis

Director of Enrollment Management/ Head Basketball Coach

Champion Christian College

Hot Springs, Arkansas 

No comments: