Saturday, March 22, 2008

Preparing for Resurrection Sunday

Today, Sharron and I are home and enjoying some time with our daughter Danielle who came to visit for the Easter weekend. We are so glad she is here. On my recently established Facebook page I noted that I am preparing for Resurrection Sunday.

Last evening Sharron and I attended the Good Friday Service at North Raleigh Church of the Nazarene. Pastors Kevin and Drew coordinated the service and Pastor Brittany provided child care. It was well attended and I applaud their ministry. When I came home I planned to post about this service and the meaning of Good Friday. I went to my daughter Stephanie's blog and tears came to my eyes as a rad her blog and watched the clip on her site. If you did not see it click HERE.

Each year as I prepare for Resurrection Sunday I take a day of fasting - time in God's Word and mediate upon the price paid for my salvation and the grace of God extended to me. One of my favorite songs during this time is a Ray Boltz song: Watch the Lamb:


I am very excited about our service tomorrow at North Raleigh Church of the Nazarene


Our Celebration begins at 10:30 as we proclaim with Christians around the world: He is Risen - He is Risen Indeed! Then we will sing a well loved hymn: Christ the Lord is Risen today! Then the choir will present a mini-musical entitled THE DEBT. I will then preach my first Easter message at North Raleigh as Lead Pastor. I am praying and believing for an outpouring of God's presence and power upon our celebration service!

No comments: