Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Unleashed



Last Thursday, March 13th Pastor Brittany Cottle and I were privileged to join with the 150 people from Elevation Church in Charlotte, NC to attend the UNLEASHED Conference at Newspring Church in Anderson, SC. WOW! It was truly an awesome experience.



I especially enjoyed the day with my daughter Stephanie, who attended the the break out session with me for senior pastors only.


Before the session began I received a BIG hug from Steven Furtick - Pastor of Elevation Church. He shared with me his appreciation for Josh and Stephanie.



Pastor Perry Noble shared some great insights. Here are a few from my notes:

1. Leadership is as easy as listening to God.



2. When asked "What jazzes you?" Perry said," My Bible and a pen." WOW!



3. Staff your church according to your VISION

4. Empty seats at optimum inviting hours at church equals GROWING!



5. Don't be discouraged as a pastor. Remember, every church needs a back door.

Tears swelled in my eyes as the last main session came to a close and Pastor Noble asked all pastors to stand. When he asked for people to pray for us - Stephanie took my hand and prayed a very simple but powerful prayer. Pastor Brittany placed her hand upon my shoulder to show support. Then I felt many hands upon my shoulders, head and back as I was surrounded by "elevators" praying for me. It lingers in my memory to help me each time I get an email or a phone call from people wanting to express their comments on the life of the church and make known their personal preferences.



Do I sound cynical? My prayer is that we can get our eyes of what "we" want (selfishness) and look unto the fields white with harvest. We need only to bring people to Christ and give Him the glory!

I hope these ramblings are trustworthy sayings.

3 comments:

cool rita said...

It's humbling and exciting to hear the passion for lost souls in your "voice". We miss you and Sharron! Steve and Rita

Danelle said...

Your words ARE trustworthy sayings Pastor Rick. I'm glad you had a great experience and I hope people will share your vision. I believe that great things lie ahead!

Hammbone said...

Pastor Rick, I do appreciate you and what you are doing for North Raleigh Nazarene. Every time I talk to you, you have a positive attitude about the church and it's future. I am so glad for that simple fact alone.

BTW, I still have a prayer card from the prayer vigil. It is on my refrigerator. Just seeing it helps keep my mind focused on what is important in life. Thanks for doing that.