Monday, July 7, 2008

The Annual Church Picnic


As expected we held the worship service on Sunday back to the church at NRN. Everyone seemed to really enjoy the "inside picnic".
I want to express my appreciation to Karen DeSollar for all her hard work; Bill and Danielle Shannon for placing the tables and chairs in the worship center for the service; Gary Bennett for preparing the baptismal and Karen Joslin for overseeing all the cleanup. Tom and Kim led us in a great time of worship.

A special appreciation goes out to Rodney and Pam Rhoads for cooking the hamburgers and hot dogs. Rodney had a great crew featuring Mike and Bob for the set up and the "rain plan". I was pleased to see the aluminum foil on the ground in case a hamburger or hot dog was dropped. (Not really - it was to keep any grease from the grills off the pavement) However, I reminded Rodney the "3 seconds rule" would not apply!
We rejoiced in the baptism of 5 individuals proclaiming Jesus as their Savior. We welcomed a number of first time guests to our church! It was a wonderful day in the Lord!
I look forward to next Sunday as I continue in my series of messages in the book of James.

No comments: