Sunday, September 7, 2008

Anticipating a great family vacation















We had a great service at church today! I really enjoyed the presentation of Doug Whitley as James - the brother of Jesus. Thanks Doug for your ministry today. Also, I really enjoyed our lunch together with you and Cheri.

After lunch and running a few errands - I headed to North Topsail Beach for our family vacation! Sharron, Danielle and Alyse arrived in Topsail on Saturday. Soon after I arrived on Sunday afternoon - Josh and Stephanie arrived. The dogs were ready to run - and Alyse smiled with glee!

We love staying at the beautiful home in Topsail. It is hard to believe that this home was boared for the protection of the winds from Tropical Storm Hanna on Saturday morning. The weather here is beautiful! As I walked into the house I had a sense of memories from last year. This is a place we feel so at home. As I stood on the porch and looked at the ocean waves I just soaked up the moment. Sharron prepared a great Sunday afternoon meal featuring a pot roast with potatoes and carrots - just the way I love them.

I am anticipating a great week with family. I have my sunscreen and two books I hope to read this week. One goal is to relax. That is why I am in sitting in a comfortable chair, watching TV with Josh. I think I hear snoring ... oh it's just the dog...

Oh, by the way, that is a trustworthy statement.

1 comment:

Joanie Richards said...

Have a wonderful time. We wish we were there again too.