Friday, December 19, 2008

My first video blog

Last evening I asked my daughter Stephanie - " What are you doing?" I was surprised by her response that she was posting on her Facebook page. I asked if she would post for me. With that - she took her new blackberry and posted this remark on my Facebook page: Rick sitting with Josh and Steph at the Dean Dome in Chapel Hill ready to watch the UNC game! Go Heels!


I was able to secure tickets earlier in the week for Josh, Steph and I to attend this historic game. If you are not a "Tarheel" fan you may wonder what was so historic about a basketball game. Here's the reason:

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- Phil Ford stood at midcourt, waiting for Tyler Hansbrough to take the microphone and address the home crowd. As the reigning national player of the year walked up, Ford playfully bowed in reverence before giving him a hug.
Now even the famed point guard who flawlessly ran Dean Smith's "Four Corners" offense is looking up at Hansbrough as the storied program's all-time leading scorer.


Hansbrough scored 20 points Thursday night to break Ford's 30-year-old mark and help top-ranked North Carolina beat Evansville 91-73, a game that was completely overshadowed by the 6-foot-9-inch senior's record pursuit.


He needed just nine points coming in, making the record an almost certainty considering that he's failed to reach double figures just six times in his career. But that didn't mean Hansbrough was oblivious to all the attention about a record that had stood through the careers of names like Michael Jordan, James Worthy and Antawn Jamison.

To read the rest of this article click HERE

Here is the video account - if you missed it:



We had a great time at the game. We took a number of pictures and then Stephanie asked if I was ready to make my first video blog. Here is my first attempt at this. The quality is low - but my excitement level was pretty high as I celebrated following the game.

Special Appreciation goes to my daughter Stephanie as the Producer, Director, Creative Director and camera person for this video!

As I reflected on our time at the game last evening and awoke this morning to hold my grand daughter Alyse in my arms, then heard my wife Sharron talking to our daughter Danielle on the phone I could not help to think of how blessed I am and what it means to me and my family for us to live back in North Carolina.


No comments: