Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last Posting of 2008 - Happy New Year 2009

As the clock approaches midnight here in North Carolina I realize that 2008 is coming to a close and 2009 begins in a few hours. WOW - What a great year!

You can look over the post from 2008 and see the blessing of the Lord upon my life and my family. We have so much to be thankful! I love my wife and daughters. My son in law is a man of God that I love and appreciate. My grand daughter brings joy and renewed purpose to my life. We have been blessed with many friends as this year ushered in the renewal of friendships from the past and enhanced new friendships here in Raleigh. A simple experiment to join Facebook has connected me with over 200 friends!

A door of opportunity has cracked open to renew relationship with my younger brothers. This is a longing of my heart. This year has been a year of refocus as the church renewal process has taken place at NRN. In the days ahead the new mission statement, logo, core values and spiritual development process will be launched! God has great plans for NRN in 2009. This coming Sunday I will speak about this in my message as I begin a new series about living a high definition life.

Have you thought about your new year resolutions? Here is a simple song I discovered that will bring a smile to your face. Here are the words:

Lyrics and some chords:
F
working out, losing weight
Bb
maybe using tanning spray
F
Bb
becoming more attractive in general reading more, watching less learning all the rules for chess becoming somewhat smarter in general eating fish, not fingernails volunteer to save the whales becoming a better guy in general saving more, spending less yes I will wax my chest dating more girls in general

Bridge C Bb F But not this year. No this year is different!As different as a gazelle. Yes, a gazelle from a deer. (They're actually not that different.)After all these failed resolutions.

Bb C Bb CMy future is clear, the future is near!

Chorus:
F A Bb C
Just forget those resolutions you know that you are never gonna do and adopt a more realistical view by committing to things that come easily to you like eat at least one value meal a week or put the correct shoes on the correct feet

Bb C F
just "Raise the bar to walk effortlessly underneath!"

Chorus2:
Just face the fact you've always thought those resolutions don't mean squat
Settle in to a comfortable spot, embrace all the things you know you are not.
Hit the snooze, roll over, then repeat
Make large purchases, then lose the receipts
just "Raise the bar to walk effortlessly underneath!"

Now - the clip:

If you do give serious thought to changes for a new you in a new year, here are some
trustworthy statements:

Take time to think--it is the source of power
Take time to read--it is the fountain of wisdom
Take time to worship--it is the highway to reverence
Take time to be friendly--it is the road to happiness
Take time to laugh--it helps to lift life's load
Take time for God's Word--it brings Christ near and washes the
dust of earth from your eyes.
Take time for God--it is life's only truly lasting investment.


Any resolutions you would like to make public through a comment?

To one and all - HAPPY NEW YEAR!




No comments: