Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year - My first posting of 2009

As we ring in the new year of 2009 Sharron and I are excited about the new year. Today all the Christmas decorations that filled our home were taken down and put away. We enjoyed a day of relaxation and reflection. This evening we enjoyed our first dinner of 2009 with our good friends Phil and Joanie Richards.

This year I hope to add new ideas to my blog. Here is my quote for the today:

Quote of the Day

Who would have ever heard of Theodore Roosevelt outside of his immediate community if he had only half committed himself to what he had undertaken, if he had brought only a part of himself to his task? The great secret of his career has been that he has flung his whole life, not a part of it, with all the determination and energy and power he could muster, into everything he has undertaken. No dillydallying, no faint-hearted efforts, no lukewarm purpose for him!
- Orison Sweet Marden

And - here is my Promise from Scripture today:

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Phil. 4:12-13 NIV

I hope you find these trustworthy statements encouraging!

No comments: