Wednesday, January 14, 2009

TAWG - DAY FOUR

Here is another installment of A Time Alone With God. I hope you are enjoying this short series.

Day 4

Psalm 119:11 I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.

Joshua 1:8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

Jeremiah 15:16 When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O LORD God Almighty.

Guided question(s):

Why bother to learn exact words of a scripture verse?
Let me suggest a couple reasons.

• It’s easier to meditate on a verse when you can repeat it yourself.

• We don’t always have bibles with us. When temptation comes scripture memory allows us to fight that temptation,


Can you add others?

What if you memorized just one of these verses this week?

And one the next week…that’s 52 verses a year of God’s word in your heart!

Here is a song that I requested last Sunday. Thanks to Tom Alsbury for signing this song! It blessed my heart. Listen to these important words from Mercy Me - Word of God Speak:




My friends, these are truly trustworthy sayings ...

No comments: