Tuesday, January 13, 2009

TAWG - Day Three



Here is the passage and guided questions for those following the Time Alone with God. Please let me know if you are using this for your TAWG.



Day 3 Philippians 4:6-7 (You can read the passage below)

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Guided question(s):

What do I think or feel when I try to pray?

~does is seem rigid, structured, forced?

~do I feel embarrassed because I can’t pray beautiful prayers?

~Am I free to pray to God what is truly on my heart?



What is the purpose of prayer?


Here is a song to help apply these truths to your heart and life:




Have you started to journal your thoughts? It is always a good idea to write down what the Lord is saying to you. We often think of prayer as talking to God - but a big part of prayer is listening. When we are faced with BIG issues of life - how long should we pray? That is a question we will explore this coming Sunday at NRN.

No comments: