Sunday, January 11, 2009

TAWG Day One

Today at NRN we continued in our series of messages entitled Living Life in High Definition - Bigger - Bolder - Brighter. Today's topic was spending Time Alone with God.

Here are a few trustworthy sayings that I did not share today:


God’s acquaintance is not made hurriedly. He does not bestow his gifts on the casual or hasty comer and goer. To be much alone with God is the secret of knowing Him and of influence with Him. .......E. M. Bounds

I love the Lord because He hears my prayers and answers them. Because He bends down and listens, I will pray as long as I breathe! (Psalm 116:1-2) .......King David

It is a good thing to let prayer be the first business in the morning and the last in the evening.Guard yourself against such false and deceitful thoughts that keep whispering: Wait a while..Prayer is a powerful thing, for God has bound and tied Himself thereto.. A quote from Martin Luther

GEORGE MUELLER said these words. There was a day when I died:

Died to George Mueller: To his tastes, his opinions, his preferences and his will.

Died to the world: its approval or censure.

Died to the approval or blame even of my brethren and friends.

Since then I have studied only to show myself approved unto God. Feed your soul upon the Word of God and you will have an increase of faith in the measure that you exercise it.



This morning, I challenged and encouraged everyone present to begin a daily Time Alone With God. Beginning today and for the next 5 days I will post a scripture reference with some guided questions to help those who are coming to my blog for a time alone with God.
Here is a recommendation as you begin your time with God:

Spend a few minutes in prayer before you get started. The following prayer guide can help you to have a effective prayer time. Pray through these areas.

P- praise (Thank God for what He has done for you; give Him glory)
R- repent (Confess your sin to God and claim you forgiveness in Christ. Then turn away from you sin)
A - asking (Ask God for the things that are on your heart)
Y- yield (Give God total control of your life for today by inviting the Holy Spirit to guide you)


Here is a suggested reading with guided questions:



An easy way to read this passage is to simply click on the passage and it will take you to the passage in NIV from Bible Gateway.

Guided question(s):


The Pharisees had 613 laws they thought everyone should follow exactly in order to be right with God. Why to you think Jesus simplified all the laws (and prophets) to these two commandments?


How would I order my priorities? (i.e. money, family, relationships, God, job satisfaction etc.)


How can I practically live out these priorities?

No comments: