Thursday, April 9, 2009

Delirious in Detroit and in my heart

Last year at this time I was writing about the show down at the Alamo and the heart break that took place. You can read about this by clicking HERE.

Today I get to finally post about the NCAA Men's Basketball National Champions - the Tarheels of the University of North Carolina!

Photo by Robert Deutsch, USA TODAY

DETROIT — North Carolina will leave the Motor City the way it entered the men's basketball season in October. A resounding No. 1.

The Tar Heels crushed Michigan State's NCAA tournament title hopes with an 89-72 victory Monday night at Ford Field in front of a record 72,922 fans, most of whom cheered MSU (31-7) in its attempt to become the first team since UCLA in 1975 to win the national championship in its home state. To read more....

I really enjoyed the evening watching the game at the home of Phil Richards - who owns a BIG SCREEN TV. Phil and I laughed and jumped as we watched the game ( even though Phil is a huge Duke fan) and we observed our newest pastoral staff member at NRN - Ryan Walker - from Michigan - squirm a little but demonstrated a good sport attitude.

I must admit - I was surprised by the boo's I received on Sunday as I wore my Carolina blue vest - but it's okay - I have enjoyed wearing my Carolina sweatshirt in my home everyday this week.

Now - Enjoy The final clip of the CBS broadcast of March Madness 2009 NCAA Tournament Championship: UNC 89 - MSU 72 One Shining Moment 2009 Song by Luther Vandross:



I love calling North Carolina HOME! Yes - I am delirious in my heart!

No comments: