Saturday, February 6, 2010

On Star adventure

As the snow and freezing rain came last week end in Raleigh - it seems all things were shut down. The stores experienced the rush of people to get milk and bread. The roads were covered in ice and church was cancelled due to the bad weather.

On Sunday afternoon I ventured out to see the road conditions near the church. As I drove down Six Fork Road I was sure the right decision had been made to cancel church. I drove into the unplowed parking lot at the church - and there was Bob Floyd completing the job of clearing the main area near the entrances to the facility. Bob is truly a blessing as he came by the church to give his time and energy to clean the area. Thanks Bob for your servant spirit and labor of love to the Lord!


I then drove to Durham to visit with friends from the church who had plenty of white chicken chili prepared for the chili cool-off that was cancelled. As I attempted to back into the driveway - I felt my vehicle begin to slip. Soon I found myself in the ditch in front of their house.


I am so glad for the On Star service I have in my Saturn vehicle. With the push of a blue button - a tow truck was dispatched and soon the vehicle was pulled from the ditch onto the driveway. My adventure in the snow had ended.
NOTE: I have ON STAR - not Blonde Star. Here is an example of Blonde Star :)




On Sunday - February 7th we are planning for a covered-dish lunch at the church. The ministry staff feels that people would like to get over the "cabin fever" and enjoy a time of fun and conversation following church. The Super Bowl party is planned for late afternoon. I am looking forward to a great day at NRN on Sunday!




Here is one of the songs planned for tomorrow and I continue in the teaching series: How BIG is God.



No comments: