Saturday, March 3, 2012

The birthday celebration continued

It was a wonderful day on Friday, March 2 as we continued the birthday celebration for Alyse. I was very excited to be able to go to her classroom for the first time. Stephanie, Breeley and I stepped into the room with a giant cookie cake and the kids cheered! They all sang happy birthday to Alyse.


Alyse was quiet and smiled as the classmates sang.


Then the pieces of the cookie was distributed. Alyse helped to serve everyone in her class. She then sat down to enjoy her piece of the cookie.

Breeley enjoyed her cookie and several of the children came over to talk and play with her. I could tell she was really tired. I asked her to say "cheese" so I could take her picture and the was the best she could do.

The birthday celebration was almost to an end. I asked Alyse to give me a "fashion pose" for a birthday picture to show off the shirt that her mom created for her.

Early on Friday afternoon I began my drive from Charlotte to Batesburg, SC for the annual faculty retreat for the instructor of the Carolinas School of Ministry. As I approached the camp ground for the overnight stay I sensed I was entering Nazarene World:

I serve as an Adjunct Faculty-Nazarene Bible College - Carolinas School of Ministry Educational Alliance. I will be teaching the Church Administration and Finance class beginning this August.

No comments: