Thursday, March 1, 2012

Happy Birthday to Alyse

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALYSE! Today was an awesome day as I drove to Charlotte, NC to celebrate with Alyse for her 5th birthday. Stephanie decorated so well- the whole house was so festive with decorations..


The snacks were on the table - chips, fruit, cheese nips and cookies. Alyse had asked for a tea party with Subway sandwiches.

The meal was fun and then it was time for the birthday cake - make by Stephanie with some help from Alyse. I caught this picture as she was blowing out the candles.

Then to the BIG BUSINESS of the night - PRESENTS! Aunt Rachel's gifts were first, along with a gift from Alyse's grandma ( Josh's mom - Sherry). Then Alyse opened the gift from Aunt Danielle which brought a great remark from Alyse - quote" I have always wanted this!" I'm sure Danielle was pleased. Jordan was having fun as we all laughed and enjoyed the moments.

Finally the gift from Papa and Grammy. Alyse seems to love the bean bag chair we ordered for her.

Even Breeley got in on the action and seems to love the chair also!

The night was centered around the Princess - Alyse. Her mom and dad gave an awesome gift - which I am sure you can read about on my daughter's Stephanie's blog. I am so glad I was able to be here tonight. The time with my daughters was awesome and to celebrate with Alyse was fantastic!



Before the birthday celebration this evening - there have been several great moments. On Saturday February 18th the youth group at our church hosted the annual Winter Gala. Good friends said I should post a picture they took of me for the evening to verify that I do own and sometimes even wear a suit.

I had returned a few days before this event from my time in Canada. On my birthday - February 13th - Sharron and I went for a short drive to the water front near her dad's home. I thought I should have some proof that it was really cold that day:

Sharron and I huddled in the cold to take this picture. The time in Canada was focused on taking care of her father who was in the hospital and is facing an upcoming surgery later this month. The moments Sharron and I shared together is special to me. I miss her very much as she remains in Canada to take care of her dad. She is on my mind and in my heart as I sit at the counter in the kitchen of Stephanie and Josh's home. Alsye and Breeley are asleep. Sharron is in my thoughts.

No comments: