Friday, August 30, 2013

Alyse and Breeley visit this week.

This summer I have tried to keep up with my exercise plan to play golf a few times each month.  The weather has been awesome this summer for golf in North Carolina.  Over the past few weeks my grand daughter Alyse has asked when she can play golf with me.  

Earlier this week Sharron and I were in Charlotte to celebrate our son-in-law's birthday. We brought Alyse and Breeley back to Raleigh with us and they are visiting this week.  We stopped at a golf shop in Southern Pines this past Monday and I was able to purchase a PGA approved used junior driver.  Sharron and I then planned out the week as I would be working each day in the office and then take some time to be with our grand children. My week has been filled with meetings, counseling appointments and pastoral responsibilities.

I have also squeezed out some time for fun with Alyse and Breeley. On Tuesday we took
the girls to Pullen Park here in Raleigh.  It is only 2.5 miles from our house. Here are some pictures from that day:

 
Breeley loved the swings....

 
Sisters always have to "race" down the slides.

 
The boat ride was refreshing.

Alyse's First Golf Outing
 

On Wednesday we took a couple of hours to finally play golf.  It began with a short but fun lesson to help Alyse learn to play.  She practiced her stance and over a dozen whiffle balls.

 
 
 
She posed for a picture with her club.
 

 
On the course I asked Alyse to hold the flag when I was on the putting surface.
She loves her new ladies golf hat - even though it is a little big for her....

 
She really seemed to enjoy riding in the cart - she just hated to wait for the foursome in front of us.  


She stood on the putting surface with authority.


As we approached the fifth hole I asked if we should play 9 or 18 holes. She quickly responded, "18!"  As we approached the ninth hole I asked how she was doing. She responded, "Papa, it's so hot, I am melting....."  We ended our first golf outing after nine holes.  Here is the final picture on the course after a fun time:

 
 
On Thursday evening (last night) we joined some close friends for dinner at Cracker Barrel.  Following the meal and the visit to the toy area, we took a few pictures:
 
 
 
 
 
When we returned home it was time for Breeley to go to bed and Alyse to come downstairs for a time with Papa.  This is a moment we share almost every evening.  Tonight it consisted of cookie and cream ice cream with sliced almonds and chocolate syrup.
 


This visit is so special with the girls.  But guess who I miss and wish was here?
 
 
Cammie is now weighing in at 5 lbs. 11 oz. ! 
 


 
 
 

No comments: