Sunday, December 8, 2013

Reflections of my message today at NRN


Reflections from my message today at NRN:

Our attendance was down due to the cold and wet weather in NC, but the spirits were high as gathered for worship.  There was laughter in the foyer as we welcomed Ben Solomon back to NRN for a short visit.  We prayed for several people facing difficult times. 

I continued in the teaching series.  I began by talking about misconceptions of Christmas:


Six Christmas Misconceptions
 
Giving More Gifts Increases Our Joy
 
Decorations Create Christmas Spirit
 

 
The Busier We Are, The Merrier We’ll Be
 
Everything will Go Exactly As Planned

Expectations Always Match Reality
                
Family Weirdness Takes a Vacation

Here is the clip people really enjoyed:




You can listen to the message today by going to our church website and click on Recent Podcast

I closed with these Scriptures that spoke to my heart:


You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.                           Psalm 16:11
 
The children of your servants will live in your presence; their descendants will be established before you."         Psalm 102:28

Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, O God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your might to all who are to come.                Psalm 71:18



No comments: