Thursday, February 13, 2014

Celebrating the anniversary of my birth

Today I celebrate the anniversary of my birth.
 
 
As Sharron and I re-connected with close friends this week we first saw Pat who asked: "How old are you?"  and then welcomed by Jay who asked "How old are you?" 
 
Here is a hint.  I was born on a Sunday morning - February 13th.  These are some important events and facts about the year I was born:
 
In this year -  consumerism takes off in a big way with the sale of some 7.9 million cars in the US with 7 out of 10 families now owning a motor car, and new laws were put in place requiring seat belts to be installed on all new cars.  
Ø The first McDonalds was erected this year and more fast foods and TV dinners are appearing including fish fingers.
Ø The first cans of Coca-Cola are sold up till then it had only been sold in bottles.
Ø Rock and Roll music continues to grow in popularity with more idols including Elvis Presley, Bill Haley and the Comets, Chuck Berry and The Platters, and young men's fashion matches the times with pink shirts and charcoal grey suits.
Ø Disneyland opens in California.
Ø "The Mickey Mouse Club" debuts on ABC
  
Ø 'In God We Trust' is added to all US paper currency
Ø Rosa Parks arrest in Montgomery Alabama sets the American Civil Rights Movement in Motion.
Ø Average Cost of new house:  $10.950.00 
 
Ø Average Monthly Rent:  $87.00

Ø Average Yearly Wages:  $4.130.00
 
Ø Minimum Hourly Rate:  $1.00 
 
Here are some early pictures from the Polaroid camera:
 
 
 


OKAY:           The year of my physical birth was 1955.

Born between Abraham Lincoln's birthday and Valentine's Day has always been a day of fun!  Sharron is the love of my life.  My children and their families are the joys on my heart.    I am a blessed man.  The greatest gift ever given to me was the gift of forgiveness and salvation through Jesus Christ my Lord!  I pray every day to bring my life into alignment with God's will and purpose for me. Jesus has made all things new! 

This has been a wonderful day as over 120 people have wished me a Happy Birthday via Facebook!  Wow!   Here is my favorite pictures of the day:


 
 

 
Today I begin the first day of my journey through age 59.

 
 


No comments: