Sunday, May 4, 2014

Reflections from my message today at NRN May 4 2014

Today was a great day at NRN!  As I prepare this post I am convinced that God is at work in our church and the Holy Spirit is moving upon us!  Here are a few reflection of my message today:




1. What is “NORMAL  ”?


·       “Normal” is RELATIVE .

·       I feel “normal” when life unfolds the way I RELATE  it to.

·       “Normal” for each of us is when the outside matches the                               INSIDE .

“Normal” is like a thermostat setting in my heart.

      Most thermostats are set in CHILDHOOD before we are able to choose or challenge them.

For most of us, “normal” isn’t working. God wants to shift my thermostats.

2. Paul’s JOURNEY into the “New Normal”   

Acts 9; Galatians 1:11-2:10
Here is a clip portraying the transformation of the Apostle Paul that we read about:





Paul had a supernatural salvation experience but he was not living in God’s new normal YET. 



The journey from the “OLD   NORMAL ” into God’s “NEW  NORMAL
Do not be conformed to this present world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may test and approve what is the will of God—what is good and well-pleasing and perfect will.                      Romans 12:2

The giant step in the walk of faith is the one we take when we decide God no longer is a part of our lives, He is our life."   ( Beth Moore - Praying God's Word)

Growth and change happen when we turn off the auto-pilot and commit to a different future.

I am living in the New Normal when I:

1. See and experience God as he really is.

2. See myself the way God sees me.

3. Learn how to receive and rest in his acceptance and love.

4. Develop healthier ways to get my needs met.

Allow God to adjust your thermostat settings and switch them from the Old Normal to the NEW NORMAL.

No comments: