Saturday, April 18, 2015

Preparing for worship on April 19 2015 Pt 2 in the AD teaching series

As we prepare for worship tomorrow at North Raleigh Church of the Nazarene      I am very excited about the message God has placed within my heart. Last Sunday as I viewed the 2nd episode of AD I was moved by the closing scene as Jesus ascended into Heaven. 

His last words to the Disciples challenged me for this past week. "All authority has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always to the very end of the age."  

The book of Luke records what happened next: The disciples worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy.  

I look forward to coming to church tomorrow to worship Him and then depart in great joy to live my life to the praise of His glory!  

Church is so important to my Christian walk!











We begin with a welcome and Scriptural Call to Worship in the form of a responsive reading.  Then we stand to sing our praises to the Lord!









We go before the Lord in prayer. 


Then we hear the announcements about opportunities for us to serve and also gather for community.  







Part 3 in the teaching series:

The Work of the Holy Spirit








As we bring our financial offerings to the Lord we sing one final song before we depart to serve the Lord. 



We need to welcome the Holy Spirit to do his work in our midst. 
All other desires must take second place. 
We must yield to his purposes in order to please him
 and accomplish his mission in our world.

No comments: