Wednesday, February 13, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

Today has been a GREAT DAY as I celebrate another birthday. To end any rumors - today I celebrated my 53rd birthday! I enjoyed the ecards from Danielle and Stephanie and the post on Stephanie's blog. Sharron surprised me this morning with a card which brought tears to my eyes ( I am not worthy). The emails from friends in NC, Kansas and even Germany encouraged my heart. Thanks to the pastoral and minstry staff at NRN for the gift card and the kind words. How did I celebrate? I was able to work at home and wear sweats and my favorite sweatshirt for most of the day. Sharron is ALWAYS so good to me.







This past weekend I enjoyed the annual "Polar Bear" couples retreat in Myrtle Beach with our friends from North Raleigh Naz. The weather was fantastic as we left the glass door to our room opened during the evening to breathe in the salt air and listen to the waves crashing upon the shore. My short fight with the flu has seem to ended and I feel much better than I did a week ago. I think the great fellowship, good fun and the trips to Freindly's for ice cream really helped me!



I look forward to preaching this Sunday. Our Super Sunday on February 3rd was incredible as God blessed us with an offering just shy of $26,000. Realizing that our average weekly offering had been about $7,000 a week - this is a praiseworthy event. I am excited about how God is showing Himself faithful to those who have placed their trust in Him. This Sunday I begin a series on Mountain Top Faith. My prayer is that God will deepen our faith in Him over this Lenten Season.

No comments: