Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Bridge

Once again - On this Veterans Day I am moved by the story of sacrifice. Here is a simple yet powerful clip I highly recommend:

This clip features scenes from the short film "Most", the story of a bridge operator who is forced to choose between the life of the son he loves dearly and a train filled with people. "Most" received an Academy Award Nomination for Best Live-Action Short Film. For more information on the film, or to order a copy for your church, visit MostTheMovie.com. This is a fan-made video, and not affiliated with the producers, director, or actors in any way. The author simply loved the message of this film and wanted to share it with as many people as possible to give it the recognition it deserves. God bless!

If you have a habit of passing over the clips on my blog - I strongly encourage you - take a moment to watch this clip and then comment. I promise - you will be glad that you did!





Source

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. (2 Corinthians 5:21)

God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)

What Scriptures (Trustworthy Sayings) come to mind to you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pastor Rick,

I read your blog every once and a while. This clip was such a blessing and touched me very deeply. Being the mom of three boys now it brought tears to my eyes with the thought of having to choose one of their lives over the lives of many. Reminded me of the sacrifice made.

Thanks so much for sharing!

LaDonna