Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wednesday thoughts

This has been a great week so far. On Monday morning I went to Rex Hospital to be with Karen Joslin as her husband Dave was in surgery. There sat 6 people from their small group with Karen. It encouraged me to see how small groups mean to people. In my view, this is the finest form of congregational care - people caring for people. Dave came out of surgery well and is now home recovering! Tuesday was a full day which included the second town hall meeting as we reported on Summit #1 in the ReFocus process. Earlier today I sent an email to over 150 people of North Raleigh asking that they participate in an online survey to evaluate our church health and core values. This evening I am in the office at the church. I recently made a number of phone calls to new guest to the church. These calls always encourage me as I hear how God is drawing people to our church.

From a distance I can hear the choir rehearsal taking place. I appreciate all those who are preparing for the Christmas musical this year. The drama team, stage crew, sound and media teams are working hard. Soon the worship team begins rehearsal. We are introducing a new song to North Raleigh. It is not really a new song - but new for us. I believe it is a great song to express our thanks to God. What do you think?




Friday night we plan to gather at 6:30 for a Concert of Prayer. This is an important part of our ReFocus process. Later that evening the Community Room will be filled with laughter as our monthly Friendship Cafe take place. On Saturday morning we hold Summit #2 of the ReFocus process.

Hey - Have I said recently that I love serving as lead pastor of North Raleigh Church of the Nazarene? Well, I do - and I am enjoying life! So much for my Wednesday thoughts.

No comments: