Friday, August 28, 2009

Have you wondered where I have been?

Have you wondered where I have been? Since the resignation of Pastor Brittany Cottle as our Family Pastor at NRN followed by the pastoral review and ministry evaluation with the North Carolina District Superintendent - Dr. Mark Barnes - my life has been quite hectic and full.

Here are some of my thoughts from my last post:



1. We love and appreciate Pastor Brittany Cottle. Her gentle spirit and servant heart will be missed at NRN. I count it a privilege to have served with Pastor Brittany. She has grown and developed as a great pastor. Her ability to build a team of volunteers and provide leadership has been outstanding. Her creative ideas and passion for the Lord has always shown through in her ministry. She will continue in her position until September 13 and then begin a new ministry in Little Rock, Arkansas. We will miss her. She has been a valuable staff member and team player. I wish her the very best in the days ahead as she moves to a great church and near family. A farewell for Pastor Brittany, Brian and Ash will take place this coming Sunday - August 30th at 6:00pm. Wear your flip flops and bring an expression of appreciation!


2. The recent pastoral review and ministry evaluation went very well. When Brad Pope read the letter regarding the decision of the board and stated that the church board by unanimous agreement extended my call for an additional four years - and that I have accepted this call - the congregation honored Sharron and I with a standing ovation of support. The time of review can be a very stressful time in the life of a pastor and his family. I am so glad this is now behind us and we can focus on the future and the plans God has for us as a church! If you would like to hear the announcement and the message that followed simply click HERE


3. I had a unique opportunity to attend an all day meeting recently to hear Dr. John Maxwell. It was great to visit with my friend. When a person on John's staff took the picture I was honored when he said - Rick and I go way back! John is a friend and a mentor!




Then - after following him through several closed doors and surrounded by his "posse" I was able to connect with Pastor Steven Furtick - Founder and Pastor of Elevation Church in Charlotte NC. He pastors the second fastest growing church in America today!



I had to apologize to my daughter Stephanie who was afraid I had "stalked" her pastor - but discovered later that I was "a nice man".


FINALLY: Last weekend I had the privilege to conduct the wedding for Mike and Tosha Henk on North Topsail Island, NC. It was a great day with beautiful weather despite the fact that Hurricane Bill was off the NC coast. God moved in a miraculous way throughout the day. Here are some pictures of that special day:





There is much to be thankful for.

God is at work!

No comments: