Saturday, November 14, 2009

A personal worship experience

As I prepare for the worship experience at North Raleigh Church of the Nazarene tomorrow I always take time to sing each song prepared for the service. I read over my notes many times. Then I go over the PowerPoint presentations I prepared for Sunday. I even view the clips several times. Then I take a concentrated time of prayer and personal preparation before I stand before those God will bring to our church tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow we continue in the series:

Two weeks ago we looked at the lie “I have to be strong.” We learned the truth which is that we have to be broken, vulnerable and weak because God’s strength is made perfect in our weakness. Last week we looked at the lie: “This is just the way I am. I can’t change.” We learned the truth which is: God’s power can change anything in us that holds us bondage. This Sunday we are going to be looking at the lie that plagues so many of us, and this one has haunted me for years. It is the lie: “I’m not good enough.” We are going to learn that we get our worth and value from what God says about us!

Here are some of the songs we will sing together. Prepare to worship!

How Can I Keep From Singing:



The words in this song are so trustworthy - God will never let go...




A new song for us at NRN - Hillsong in their 2009 release : Yahweh



We will close the service with one of my favorite songs by Casting Crowns. This song really summaries my thoughts today:

I hope you have enjoyed this worship experience on my blog. Now I encourage you, if possible, to join us at 10:30am at NRN to gather with Christ followers in worship to our God.

No comments: