Saturday, September 1, 2012

Preparing for Worship on September 2, 2012


It is Saturday evening and after a long day I once again sit at my desk and pray for tomorrow.   I am drawn to the songs for worship. My heart is ready and my mind prepared. Now I long to worship. Here is the song list for worship at NRN on Sunday September 2, 2012:

We begin with a hymn of joy...



We express our joy in praise to God...




We prepare our hearts to partake in communion....



I realize it is a holiday weekend and I know our attendance will be really low tomorrow.  I am also sure that God has placed a message upon my heart and I pray for the anointing of God to fall upon my words.  

Tomorrow morning I continue in the teaching series about the fruit of the Spirit.  The message is prepared , the power point presentations are ready, the video clips are previewed and timed.  It will be a difficult message to preach as I unwrap the choices of  experience JOY in our lives as I face the difficulties in our family with my father in law drawing nearer to death each day as the cancer takes over his body. I am so thankful for the Word of God that is trustworthy.  I am so grateful for the community of believers I am a part of.   I want to surrender my life to the Lord afresh and anew this evening and ask God to help my pour my life out to others tomorrow as I serve the Lord. 

No comments: