Saturday, November 10, 2012

Preparing for Worship on Nov. 11 2012

Tomorrow at NRN is going to be a great day of worship! The message God has laid upon my heart is SEEKING INTIMACY WITH GOD.

I look forward to sharing about my best friend. I have a relationship with God that is more than just knowing about Him. I know him, and I don’t say that pride fully, because it’s all about His grace. And I am confident that He wants you to know him very well, too.  It is a privilege to know God. And the good thing is – He wants to be known.  God tells us in His Word:

I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.  I will be found by you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity..."                Jeremiah 29:11, 13-14a


Here are the songs we plan to sing to the Lord:
 







We plan to enter into a time of prayer and communion......



Many times I have shared about how to have a closer relationship with God.  In the past I have spoken with passion about the importance of bending the knee and bowing the head in reverence to God; opening His Word and drawing the spiritual food that we need to grow as a Christian. Today as I pray, God has spoken to my heart that though those things are important - God longs for relationship with us.  It is not based on what we do - but what He has done and is doing today in our lives. My sole desire in preaching tomorrow is to encourage every Christian to seek the Lord.  My prayer is that God will Help us to draw near to Him and experience His love. To help us that we will not settle for anything less than an intimate relationship with Him.

No comments: