Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Celebrating Christmas with family




Christmas Day was well celebrated with family.  It was wonderful day as we gathered to read the Christmas account from the gospel of Luke.  Then the short walk to the living room where the gifts were located under the family Christmas Tree.  Sharron and I always enjoy at time at the vanAlmen home.  The house is decorated so tastefully and there is a sweet Christmas spirit.  As I sit at their kitchen table to write this post I am sitting beside the Christmas Tree pictured above and I look across the table to a view a Nativity Set from the Holy Land.

We enjoyed the time of opening gifts - here is my favorite picture of the morning:

 
 
I have now viewed the Disney movie Brave at least 3 times with Breeley asking to see it again...and again.. and again. 
 
Sharron prepared a delicious family lunch featuring a honey baked ham and all the homemade items to make it so special.  We then took the evening to travel to our daughter Danielle's home and enjoyed the family time with the Bolder family.  Danielle served some great homemade banana pudding.
 
Sharron and I heard from several close friends on Christmas Day.  We are truly blessed and thank God for His many blessings to us.  The few days before Christmas were quite full as I preached on Sunday Dec 23rd and had a full afternoon only to then spend the day working on music, media and my message for Monday evening - Christmas Eve - followed by the trip to Charlotte. 
 
It has been an awesome Christmas this year as we reflect upon the goodness of our God.
 
I am looking forward to our worship at NRN this coming Sunday as I bring the Advent teaching series to a close with a message that is close to my heart.


No comments: