Saturday, July 27, 2013

Preparing for worship on July 28 2013

As I prepare for worship tomorrow at NRN I am filled with excitement about my message and our time together.  God has spoken to my spirit recently about my sermons and sermon preparation. I have had the privilege to preach in front of thousands of people at one time or hundreds of people at each of three services on a Sunday morning. I now preach on Sunday morning to less than 100 people each week.  I have resolved to prepare my sermons for the proclamation of the Gospel, to glorify God and extol the name of Jesus Christ!  I spend as much time or more each week preparing my sermons, knowing and believing that God will be pleased by my study and preparation and will anoint His Word!  I preach to less than 100 people with a sermon that could be preached before thousands.  In fact, I believe our church is on the verge of explosive growth in the days ahead and I will be preaching to well over 100 people each Sunday before the snow falls in the Triangle Area of NC this year.

My audience is not those who come to listen, but God and God alone.  I pray He will be pleased. 

This Sunday we will feature a time of laughter and fun followed by our church picnic. We are in the heart of the summer and I think a perfect time to laugh in church.

“There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven…
a time to laugh.”                                                    Ecclesiastes 3:1, 4
 
 The Bible says “A cheerful heart is good medicine.”    Proverbs 17:22a

G.K. Chesterton once wrote: “Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly. Never forget that the devil fell by force of gravity. He who has the faith has the fun.”

Here is the revised order of worship for tomorrow at NRN:

 












Following the morning worship and a time of laughter ... we then gather in the worship center
for our annual church picnic.  Plenty of great food off the grill and favorite dishes being carried in to share.  YOU are invited to join us!



No comments: