Friday, January 17, 2014

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

It moves my heart when I think how my wife Sharron is such an important part of my ministry as she fulfills God's call upon her life.  Recently she was out of town and I was working on my computer and I discovered an note that she had prepared for a person in our church going through a very difficult time right now.  I thought it would be an encouragement to you also:

Shimmering hues of radiance tap gently at your consciousness, seeking entrance.  Though I have all Power in heaven and on earth, I am infinitely tender with you.  The weaker you are, the more gently I approach you.  Let your weakness be a door to My Presence.  Whenever you feel inadequate, remember that I am your ever-present Help.

Hope in Me, and you will be protected from depression and self-pity.  Hope is like a golden cord connecting you to heaven.  The more you cling to this cord, the more I bear the weight of your burdens; thus, you are lightened.  Heaviness is not of My kingdom.  Cling to hope and My rays of Light will reach you through the darkness.

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present
            help in trouble.                    Psalm 46:1

 

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
                               Romans 12:12

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.                         Romans 15:13
 I simply add:
 

No comments: