Monday, March 3, 2014

Monday Morning Sabbatical Thoughts


 
Today I enter the last few days of my first sabbatical.  I return to the pulpit at NRN on March 16th.

As for the Sabbatical, well I am beginning the 5th week of the 7 weeks away. Over the past month I have taken a week of solid rest and sleep.  Then I began a three week stage of visiting churches         (8 in all at this time); interviewing pastors; traveling over 3,000 miles over 8 states and attending an awesome Conference in Atlanta Ga.  I stay informed via email and listening to the sermons online.

This past week I encountered a new emotion: fear.  At times there is a strong element of fear that courses through me.  The fear is in realizing that all is going so well at the church and that maybe,  my return will mess things up.  -Yep, sounds odd when putting it into writing, but just wanted to be honest about what I am praying about.

I am so thankful for this opportunity of extended time with my family, time to travel, and time to be with Sharron.  And at the same time, thoroughly miss North Raleigh Church of the Nazarene....


One great experience during my time away was to take a short detour and visit the college I attended 1973-1977.  It was while at Central Wesleyan College ( now Southern Wesleyan University) that I experienced the in filling of the Holy Spirit and the time I point too for my personal moment of sanctification. Shortly after this experience I felt a call to full time ministry.  This moment of sanctification with full surrender to God and seeking the filling of the Holy Spirit took place in the College Church  which is still on campus.



Thank you for your prayers for me during this important time away!

No comments: