Thursday, November 6, 2014

TBT - A song of my generation - American Pie

As I travel to visit family and go to meetings I often listen to my XM radio to enjoy listening to laugh USA and the 60's station.  I enjoy the 60's station because usually I know all the words to the songs and love to sing along.  These are songs I sang along with before I became a Christian. 

On a recent trip home from visiting family I was thinking of songs that marked my generation. 


 I discovered the reason on song that was floating in  my memory was not on the 60's station is that it was released in 1971.   For those  of my generation do you remember this song on TBT?





In December 1972 I prayed to receive Jesus Christ as my personal savior.  My life was changed forever. 

The music I began to listen too then was founded in my desire to know more about Jesus.  Here is one of the most influential songs I love to hear to this day:

No comments: