Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Enjoying retirement - need a new and different look?

JOHN PAUL FILO/CBS



David Letterman made America laugh for 33 years as a late-night host, but the real challenge as he closed out his legendary tenure on Wednesday May 20, 2015 was holding back a tear or two.  

Letterman, 68, bid his final "Thank you and good night" to viewers after nearly 22 years behind the desk of CBS's 
Late Show. The 16-time Emmy winner's final show after 6,028 broadcasts was a star-studded extravaganza that still managed to be touching – after all, Letterman has seen incredible highs and lows during the decades that have cemented his reputation as a late-night pioneer. 

AKM-GSI
As the one-year anniversary of his final Late Show appearance approaches, David Letterman is sporting a decidedly different look.
The 68-year-old now has a bald head to go with his retirement beard. Emphasizing his white facial hair, Letterman showed off the new 'do while out walking in St. Bart's on March 22, 2016.


Letterman, who hosted the late night show for an impressive 33 years, was casual in a Ball State T-shirt and yellow swim trunks while he walked along the beach in the celebrity hot spot.



The star hasn't struggled to embrace retirement, he told the Whitefish Review in December.

"I can remember the first day that Stephen Colbert took over – put his new show on the air," Letterman told the Montana-based journal. "I thought I would have some trouble, some emotional trouble, or some feeling of displacement, but I realized, hey, that's not my problem anymore. And I have felt much better."

He added of his decades on television, "I haven't missed it, the way I thought I might."

"[I don't] care that much about television anymore," Letterman shared. "It was just silliness."

And what does he say of his new, Santa Claus-inspired aesthetic? 

"I've kind of developed a real creepy look with it that I'm sort of enjoying," Letterman shared. "I can tell that people are off-put by it. And the more people implore me to shave, the stronger my resolve is to not shave."

No comments: