Sunday, June 26, 2016

Back in the Wesleyan Church!

Words cannot express the emotions I feel coming back to the Wesleyan Church.  


I first attended a Wesleyan Church with friends when I was in high school. I had not be raised in a Christian home and the church soon became a safe place for me to make new friends and begin to explore my journey toward God.  As I entered into my senior year of high school it seemed the future was planned out for me as I was honored to be awarded the Governor's Honor Scholarship to the Air Force Academy with the rank of Colonel in Jr. ROTC. I went with the youth group to a youth conference in December 1972 and it was there that I came to the decision to accept Christ as my personal savior and Lord. I sensed a call to ministry and attended Southern Wesleyan University  ( it was really College when I attended).  




I received my first ministerial credentials from the NC District at the annual conference in July 1976. This year marks my 40th year of ministry in the Wesleyan Church. Soon after the district conference this year I will be installed as Lead Pastor of Gastonia Wesleyan Church scheduled for Sunday July 17th.  We plan to relocate to Gastonia the first week of August. 

Here is a clip that summarizes the heart of the Wesleyan Church as I know it. 


No comments: