Thursday, October 4, 2018

Exchange Pt 3


I enjoy flying. ️ Traveling to other countries. Don’t even mind the long flights. Especially when on a flight to Israel a few years ago, the flight attendant comes to me just before takeoff, when I’m in last row by the bathrooms and says, Mr. Hudgens, come with me. You’ve been bumped up to FIRST CLASS! That was a BEAUTIFUL EXCHANGE.

In my prior posts, I wrote about exchanging shame for forgiveness.

Today, how would you like to exchange DESPAIR for HOPE? 
                        😞  😌

Have you ever been in despair? Wanted to give up . . . throw in the towel . . . wanted to walk away? Sure! 
We all have. Some of you reading this are there now.



We want to know, is there any hope for . . .

The wife whose husband walked out and left her to raise the children

The person just diagnosed with terminal cancer

The parent who just lost a child to suicide

I’m not sure who wrote this, but it fits.

“A person can live 40 days without food; 4 days without water; 4 minutes without air, but only 4 seconds without hope. Hope is the power that keeps us going in the toughest times of life. It takes obstacles and transforms them into possibilities. Hope gives us the strength and courage we need to make the most out of life.”

Biblical hope is not wishful thinking . . . it is confident assurance! 

I don’t have to . . .
Hope God loves me
Hope God forgives me
Hope God has more for me

Like Paul in the Bible when he said . . .

“We had great burdens that were beyond our own strength. We even gave up hope of living. But this happened so we would not trust in ourselves but in God.”                                                                       2 Corinthians 1:8,9

Or like Peter in the Bible when he said . . .

“So be truly glad! There is wonderful joy ahead, even though the going is rough for a while down here.”                                                                 1 Peter 1:6

Today, my friend, don’t give up hope. 

Turn to God 

He loves you!

He forgives you!

He is with you!

He is for you!

He has good in store for you!

No comments: