Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Exchange - Conclusion


My life is a gift from God and what I do with it is my gift back to Him. 

Therefore, I will make everyday a masterpiece. 🖍


That has been one of the driving principles of my life. Don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying I live up to that every day. I don’t! I often fall short. Some days are anything but a masterpiece. And rather than them (me) being a work of art . . . I’m a piece of work!!! 😕


I’ve also lived by the principle . . . “If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got!” 


So, every so often things have to change in your life if you are going to change.  
In short, we have to exchange COMFORT for GROWTH. 🦋

Throughout the Bible God called people to step out of their comfort zone and into the growth zone. 

A zone that called for . . .

Faith

Courage

Risk

Adventure
Daring


He called . . .

Noah to build an ark.🛳

Abraham to leave the comfort of his homeland to take new territory.

Peter to step out of the security of the boat and walk to Him on the water.

Pharisees out of their comfort zones of legalism and hypocrisy and into a life of authenticity.

Let me ask you?
🤔

Where are you too comfortable?

What in your life needs to change?

Where do you want a breakthrough?

Where have you settled?

Where could you improve?

What is that thing that keeps gnawing at you, yet you refuse to act upon?

What has you cowering in fear?

When is the last time you did something for the first time?


Don’t think the Bible challenges us beyond comfort to growth?

“I press on to reach the end of the race . . .” Philippians 3:14

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”                                                                                  Philippians 4:13

“But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.”                                                                  2 Peter 3:18

“For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”                          
                                                                Ephesians 2:10

“ . . . It is impossible to please God without faith.” Hebrews 11:6

                   Don’t settle for comfort . . . choose growth!

No comments: