Thursday, October 11, 2018

The Night Jack Daniels met John 3:16




I remember one night at the end of my road
In a motel in Nashville searching for hope
In my hand was a Bible I read as a child
On the table was a bottle that was driving me wild


I poured the whiskey into the glass
And prayed it would help me forget my past
Then I read of how Jesus died on that tree
I poured out the whiskey, fell down on my knees


Chorus: That night that Jack Daniels met John 3:16
              God's Word broke the hold that he had over me
              I traded Tennessee whiskey for Calvary's tree
              That night that Jack Daniels met John 3:16

When I see my old friends that I used to know
Down at the old place where I used to go
They tell me I'm different than I used to be
Then I love to tell them what's happened to me


Chorus:   That night that Jack Daniels met John 3:16
               God's Word broke the hold that he had over me
                I traded Tennessee whiskey for Calvary's tree
               That night that Jack Daniels met John 3:16



"The Night Jack Daniels Met John 3:16" was written by James Payne and he tells his real life experience of coming to Christ in 1968. when God delivered from drug addiction and alcohol.

No comments: