Monday, February 8, 2021

Trustworthy Words returns from hiatus.

 

In the United States, a hiatus is a break of several weeks, months or years. My last post was in November of 2018.  Sharron and I went through a major transition in early 2018.  As our time in “God’s Waiting Room” expanded, I ceased writing my blog to focus on our present needs and planning for our future.

 

Since my last post, we have moved into a beautiful little house in Indian Trail, NC. It had been the starter house for Josh and Stephanie and was the house they brought Alyse, Breeley and Cammie too after their birth. It was comforting moving into a house where we already had such fond memories.  We love our retirement home and plan to remain here for years to come.   

Speaking of retirement, In 2020 as I turned 65 years of age, In 2018 I filed to change my appointment and now listed as a Retired Minister in the Wesleyan Church.  That year I celebrated 46 years of pastoral ministry.  

My first ministry appointment was to Bethel Wesleyan Church in the beautiful mountains of North Carolina, where I served as Minister of Youth and Music. Leading the choir on Sunday morning and leading congregational worship during the worship service and directing youth meeting on Sunday afternoons. Then, the drive back to Central S.C. to begin class on Monday morning.

I took several jobs to help meet our financial needs and in September 2018, I completed the 30 hours of training to hold a license from the North Carolina Private Protective Services to become a Security Officer with Allied Universal Security.  I look forward to sharing more about these changes in my life in future post.





As a retired minister I now transition out of full time ministry into a new realm of life.

I may not be serving in Pastoral Ministry I am still an Ambassador for the Lord and serving God with all my heart, strength, mind and soul.  I am still a Man of the WORD...

God has been with us through the time of transition and hiatus and as God proves Himself faithful in the past, we have the assurance of His faithfulness in our future. 

No comments: