Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day 2009

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY 2009!

On this Mother's Day 2009 I am missing my mother who passed away several years ago. I am so sad that she never saw my grand daughter Alyse. I cherish my wife Sharron who is the mother of our children. I thank God for Danielle and Stephanie and wish Stephanie a happy Mother's Day.

Here is a short clip that Pastor Brittany will be using today at NRN. Enjoy:




Here is the copy of the front page of today's worship folder - a tribute to moms:

On May 5, 2009 Amy Grant released her first new, non-Christmas music in five years, a four-song EP in celebration of Mother’s Day called She Colors My Day. In the current issue of Today’s Christian Women the mother, philanthropist, author, and Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter spoke about the holiday and the people she’ll celebrate today.

Here is a portion of that interview. Amy Grant says” One day a dear friend asked, “What are you afraid of?” And I said, “I don’t even know.” She challenged me to just let it go.

It inspired me to write a song called “Unafraid,” basically about being a woman. The first verse is about my relationship with my husband, Vince. The second verse is about my children. And the last verse is about my mother. I wrote the song in a hotel room somewhere in Illinois, and I have never cried so hard writing a song in my whole life. It made me think of 1 John 4:18, “Perfect love casts out fear.” So if you’re motivated by love and trusting in love, you’re unafraid.

How has your faith played into this struggle with fear?

Right here, right in the middle of watching my children and watching my parents, is a great vantage point on life. It makes me have more confidence in eternity. For all my mother’s confusion, she’s most lucid when she’s praying.

So from a faith perspective, I’m thankful. Hard times kind of simplify your faith. You realize it’s really just about believing. Do I believe God loves us? Do I believe that in good times or bad times we’re never alone? Yes. Yes, I believe that. And that belief changes how I maneuver through these situations—and through life.

Today we wish a Happy Mother’s Day to all moms who are present and express our appreciation to all the women of our church. Pastor Brittany Cottle will bring the message this morning.
Pastor Rick begins a new series of messages next Sunday.

No comments: